I plan to publish an update every Saturday unless events warrant an emergency post. I may also include earlier material that I have been accumulatiing.
The following video that I came across (45:12 minutes) is of the American-Canadian journalist, Eva Bartlett, who went to the Donbas to see what was going on for herself. She relates personal experiences in areas after artillery attacks. She refutes many of the Western claims of atrocities allegedly committed by the Russians by going to the locations where incidents were said to have occurred. The West has ignored the Ukrainian attack on civilians in the Donbas, particularly of the Nazi Azov battalion, since the coup of 2014.
In the following interview of Martin Armstrong (55:12 minutes), Armstrong goes to the heart of the issue, that of the American neocon’s agenda of dismantling Russia and seizing control of its energy and other resources.
Mostly since last post.
- Finland Teases Battle Tanks For Ukraine After Poland, UK Lead The Way
- Not necessarily connected to the war but it involves NATA as well as Russian members: Explosion Rocks Natural Gas Pipeline Connecting Lithuania, Latvia; Village Evacuated. It may morph into a war propaganda item.
- Of interest: Russia Sends Its Biggest Gun To Ukraine
- Putin Again Replaces Commander Overseeing Russian Forces In Ukraine. Russiann ‘hardliners’m- in the US they are called ‘neocons – may be pushing Putin for a quicker end to the conflict.
- The Russian mercenary Wagner Group has apparently captured a centuries-old salt mine complex of tunnels near Soledar with a combined length of 300 km (186 miles): Inside Ukraine’s 120+ Mile Salt Mine Tunnels Just Captured By Russia’s Wagner Group. And a couple of days later: Russia Declares “Full Control” Over Soledar In 1st Major Win In Months.
- When the US announced in December (US Set To Send Ukraine Patriot Missiles In Major Escalation) that it was sending Patriot missiles to the Ukraine, my sources noted that each patriot battery requires about 100 men for a full complement. These require at least 6 months of training on the system. Further, the US will be sending the oldest systems rather than the newest as is the case with much of the material being sent to the Ukraine. Ukrainians To Be Trained On Patriot Systems At Oklahoma Base.
- Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolay Patrushev, as usual with the Russians, calls it as it is: ‘We Are Facing The Entire NATO In Ukraine’: Kremlin Says, As UK Mulls Battle Tanks.
- This week it was announced Canada to Buy $406-Million Surface-to-Air Missile System for Ukraine. This adds to an earlier air defence system sent by the US (US Gives Ukraine Most Advanced Air Defence System To Date). Much like the US Patriot announcement, delivery will be somewhere down the road. The state of the war may be vastly different at that point and may be money down the drain. It’s not that Canada needs new military equipment for its own defence (sarcasm in case you missed it) – see the video below (6:02 minutes).
Earlier News Articles
I have accumulated several months of links to news items which I will start to report here beginning with the oldest. You may view them as for information only since old news is rarely of interest until you want to reference it.
- In case you missed it, Putin Signs Decree Offering Citizenship To All Ukrainians.
- Back in September, 2022, CNBC reported: The U.S. and Europe are running out of weapons to send to Ukraine. This is consistent with the theme that the West is sending their oldest weapons to the Ukraine, depleting current reserves but allowing for modern weapons to be ordered as replacement. Nice write-off.
- In October, the US upped the ante on nuclear weapons: In Stunning Strategy Reversal, Pentagon Will No Longer Rule Out Use Of Nuclear Weapons Against Non-Nuclear Threat. This is posturing since The US always would use a nuclear weapon when it deemed necessary despite what any policy of treaty said. Also read: Will there be Nuclear Weapons?
- The West cites Ukraine as an exemplary democracy. To reinforce their image, in June of 2022, Ukraine Bans Main Opposition Party, Seizes All Its Assets. This is not their first effort to strengthen their democracy (Zelensky Expands Crackdown On Ukrainian Media). Also, Ukraine Moves To Criminalize Russian Passport Application.
- To bind the Ukraine tighter to the West: Ukraine Granted EU Candidate Status As US Provides Another $450 Million In Military Aid.
- Probably the greatest asset that the US has provided Ukraine is intelligence from its spy satellites. The space aspect of WWIII hasn’t really begun yet but when things heat up, satellites on both sides will be the first to be taken out: Russia Building Laser Weapon To ‘Soft Kill’ US Spy Satellites. Be sure that the US has these weapons too.
Announced Aid to Ukraine to Date
I’ve accumulated most of the announced aid to Ukraine from the US and other sources. There may be duplication in that aid announced in one package may also be part of another. I’ll leave it to the reader to try and compile a total tally if desired. I’ve tended to focus on dollar amounts and not equipment transfers that are also extensive. Listed in most recent to oldest.
- ‘A Wonderful Christmas Present’: Zelensky Hails Single Biggest US Arms Package At One Time (20230107)
- Defense Aid To Ukraine Tops $20 Billion As New $275M Package Announced (20221209)
- US Unveils $400M More In Weapons, Generators For Ukraine (20221123)
- Biden Unveils $37BN More In Emergency Ukraine Aid On Heels Of Polish Border ‘Attack’ (20221115)
- US Unveils Another $275M In Arms To Ukraine Alongside ‘Accountability’ Plan (20221029)
- US Congress looks to approve $50 billion in Ukraine aid, NBC reports (20221020)
- Biden Announces $625M More Ukraine Defense Aid In Zelensky Phone Call (20221004)
- Defense Aid To Ukraine Tops $20 Billion As New $275M Package Announced (20220929)
- Another $1.1BN In Arms Ukraine: “We Will Not Be Deterred,” White House Says (20220929)
- New $600M Arms Package For Ukraine Marks 21st Time US Draws From Own Stockpiles (20220916)
- US, Ukraine Are In Talks To Transfer Fighter Jets & Longer-Range Missiles (20220914)
- US Sending $725 Million More in Weapons to Ukraine (20220908)
- Blinken In Surprise Visit To Kyiv Unveils $2BN More Aid Amid ‘Successful’ Counteroffensive (20220908)
- White House Asks Congress For $13.7B In Additional Ukraine-Related Funding (20220902)
- US Embezzles an Additional $3 Billion to Ukraine (20220826)
- Biden Approves 16th Weapons Transfer To Ukraine – Total Security Aid Now Over $8BN (20220723)
- White House Unveils $400M More In Military Aid To Ukraine, Marking 15th Package (20220708)
From Other Sources
- NATO Speeds Up Ukraine Arms Transfers To Prepare For Winter Warfare (20221021)
- EU To Boost Ukraine Arms Financing To €2.5BN As Concerns Grow Over Domestic Stockpiles (20220714)
Articles In This Series
Refer to the series index in The WWIII Chronicles.
If you liked this post, consider subscribing – in right-hand sidebar – if you are not a subscriber already. Please forward it to anyone else you might think will benefit from it. We are at a critical point in time where we need to disseminate truth to those who have ears to hear, and be forming communities of like-minded individuals. If you want to discuss an idea or issue, contact me – see Contacts.