Ramzy Baroud, in ‘Not A Justification But A Provocation’: Chomsky On Root Causes Of The Russia-Ukraine War, reviews Chomsky’s views on the Ukraine war. Chomsky refers to the NATO antecedents provoking Russia and the US involvement. Baroud goes on to refer to the heavy censorship that the US – and the entire West – is using against its citizens to shape the public view of the war.
Below is a video (20:36 minutes) by John Pilger. He gives a very clear picture of why things have happened by presenting the Russian point of view and the factual basis behind the conflict.
Here is a recent video (9:49 minutes) in which Scott Ritter provides some background relevant to motivation of Putin’s actions including a reference to Angela Merkel’s recent admission that the Wrdst had no intention of honouring the Minsk Agreement which they had signed with Ukraine and Russia (Former German Chancellor Merkel admits the Minsk agreement was merely to buy time for Ukraine’s arms build-up). The lack of Western untrustworthiness and the absolute Russophobia of Zelenski and Ukrainian officials make peace negotiations impossible.
In the following video, Col. Douglass Macgregor corrects some of the misconceptions that the West holds about Russia (14:48 minutes).
With this post I’m caught up and current news will now be what is new since the last update.
- Pentagon Forced To Tap Unreported Ammo Stockpile In Israel To Support Ukraine
- Kissinger Flips, Says Ukraine Should Join NATO In Davos Speech. Looks like they pulled him into line.
- Ukraine DM Says It’s a ‘Fact’ That Kyiv Is a ‘De Facto’ NATO Member
- Oops. Someone should take away these toys. Death Toll In Dnipro Apartment Strike Rises To 44; Zelensky Aide Resigns For Saying It Was ‘Errant’ Anti-Air MissileRussia Explains It’s Boosting Army Numbers In Reaction To West’s Proxy War
- CNN: Ukraine Has Become a ‘Weapons Lab’ for Western Arms
- UK Sending Heavy Tanks Will Only “Intensify” Conflict With “More Casualties”: Kremlin
Earlier News and Opinion Articles
This is the last of news items that I have collected over the last 6 months. They are posted primarily to capture them and should be read mainly for background information.
- Russian Military Says “Retaliation” Strike Killed Over 600 Ukrainian Soldiers (20230108)
- Retired US Military Instructor Who Helped Train Ukrainian Soldiers Says Ukraine Is Run By ‘F*****-Up People’ (20221228)
- Special Forces Insider: The CIA Is Directing Sabotage Attacks In Russian Territory (20221227)
- There is No Defense to Hypersonic Missiles & Russia’s Plans to Expand (20221226)
- Report: The CIA Is Directing Sabotage Attacks Inside Russia (20221226)
- Ukraine Attempted ‘Decapitation Strike’ Of Russia’s Top General, Even As US Tried To Stop It (20221219)
- UK Marines Conducted Covert Ops in Ukraine, General Claims (20221214)
- PATRICK LAWRENCE: Germany & the Lies of Empire (20221213)
- Pentagon Gives Tacit Support For Ukrainian Drone Attacks Deep Inside Russia (20221211)
- Merkel Admits Minsk Agreement was to Trick Russia (20221209)
- Ukraine & Fake News
- Putin Announces Partial Mobilization In Ukraine War Escalation, Says West Wants To “Destroy Russia” (20220921)
- “Prologue To Third World War”: Kremlin Reacts To Security Guarantees For Ukraine (20220915)
- AP Highlights ‘Ukraine’s History Of Rampant Corruption’ After US Lawmaker Slams Zelensky (20220721)
- Russia Declares War Goals Have Expanded After West Pumped More Arms Into Ukraine (20220720)
- Ukraine Defense Minister Offers Ukraine as a ‘Testing Ground’ for NATO Weapons (20220719)
- WWIII is not Worth Supporting Ukraine in a Land Grab (20220716)
- America’s Path To War With Russia (20220711)
Articles In This Series
Refer to the series index in The WWIII Chronicles.
If you liked this post, consider subscribing – in right-hand sidebar – if you are not a subscriber already. Please forward it to anyone else you might think will benefit from it. We are at a critical point in time where we need to disseminate truth to those who have ears to hear, and be forming communities of like-minded individuals. If you want to discuss an idea or issue, contact me – see Contacts.