I will share a new source of understanding of the conflicts that I associate with WWIII. John Mearsheimer, a professor at the University of Chicago speaks to the Chris Hedges Fan Club on the dynamics of world conflict today. After setting the stage for his multipolar view of conflict he begins by explaining the growing conflict between the US and China and the war that that is inviting (11:20 minutes).
Next, in the following video, John explains the Ukrainian conflict (12:20 minutes). He begins by refuting the Western narrative that Putin is using the Ukraine as the first step in returning the USSR. He presents the condition for Russia’s using nuclear weapons.
Finally, I will add one more longer video by John where he goes into the NATO precursor to the conflict in some detail. This may be more than you, dear reader, need. The above two videos equip you very well. John observes that both sides will only accept a win on their part. As a result he sees no negotiable end to it. Here’s the video (57:25 minutes):
Thoughts On the Lost War (for NATO)
Pepe Escobar suggests the US, and therefore NATO – is scrambling to find an exit from the war by which it can save face: A panicked Empire tries to make Russia an ‘offer it can’t refuse’. Implicit is the idea that Ukraine could cease to exist entirely or largely with the south and east becoming part of Russia and the north and west being absorbed into Poland. Bulgaria, which I have not seen mentioned, could absorb the northern part rather than Poland. This latter option makes more sense from a Russian security perspective.
If Poland annexed the north that places NATO where the Russians don’t want it to be. Poland is the main supply route for weapons from NATO into the Ukraine. It would make more sense in the coming offensive for Bulgarian and Russian forces to drive south towards Kiev along the western Ukrainian border, cutting off supplies from Poland. Then they could move eastward to take the northern Ukraine, eventually absorbing it into Bulgaria. We will have to wait and see what the Russian strategy will be.
In this interview with Scott Ritter today, Scott discusses how the newly promised weapons will not effect a change in the position of the war. It is now accepted across the West in military circles that Russia has won and it is only a matter of time – 6 months – before this is accomplished (25:56 minutes).
Pepe Escobar describes the West’s approach to their losing position as a race between the EU and NATO to the bottom: Trials and Tribulations of the Collective West.
Current News and Views
- Denmark Considers Compulsory Military Draft For Women To Boost Defenses And Prepare For War With Russia. (20200203)
- It won’t make any difference since several RU members are already in the war: EU Leadership Holds Summit In Kiev Under Air Raid Sirens As Zelensky Urges Fast-Tracked Membership.
- Martin Armstrong starts WWII in WWIII with planning well before that: Was COVID Just a Rehearsal for WWIII? (20200202)
- Germany In Talks For $18BN National Missile Defense Shield After Poking The Bear. (20200202)
- Pentagon In Classified Briefing: Ukraine Retaking Crimea ‘Unlikely’. (20200202)
- Billionaire Zelensky-Backer & Ex-Minister Among Ukrainian Officials Targeted In More Anti-Corruption Raids. (20200201)
- US Prepares to Send Ukraine Longer-Range Rockets in Next Arms Package. (20200201)
- Germany’s Scholz denounces ‘bidding war’ over jets for Ukraine (20200129)
The Frontline As I Publish
Articles In This Series
Refer to the series index in The WWIII Chronicles.
If you liked this post, consider subscribing – in right-hand sidebar – if you are not a subscriber already. Please forward it to anyone else you might think will benefit from it. We are at a critical point in time where we need to disseminate truth to those who have ears to hear, and be forming communities of like-minded individuals. If you want to discuss an idea or issue, contact me – see Contacts.