Last updated by The POOG on Octobere 18, 2021.
The following tools have been found useful in building this site and in ongoing research:
- APA Format Citation Guide as a writing tool.
- Consumer Reports.
- Federal Reserve Economic Data | FRED.
- Maltego. An open source intelligence (OSINT) and graphical link analysis tool.
- Provisional weekly death counts: Interactive tool – Canada.
- The Black Vault. An archive on redacted CIA reports on UFOs and parapsychology.
- The GDELT Project. A data visualization tool.
- arXiv is a free distribution service and an open-access archive for 1,854,076 scholarly articles in the fields of physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance, statistics, electrical engineering and systems science, and economics.
Media File Converters and Downloaders
I was informed of some of these tools in unsolicited emails to ‘admin’. The sender had to be human and not a robot to have understood site structure. Use at your own risk. The sites have no ‘about’ information. The first thing I ask myself when I encounter any new site or product is “How do they make their money?” since everything has a cost including this site (I don’t make any money as I write this).
- Archive Today. A time capsule for web pages.
- Google Scholar for academic papers and other material.
- HathiTrust Digital Library.
- Internet Archive. A non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
- Justice Laws Website. Search Canadian legislation.
- PubMed for searching medical research.
- The Wayback Machine. Internet archive set for The POOG.
Technical Search Tools
- 8 ways to find your IP address in Windows. This is your machine’s internal address.
- Area Code Lookup. See if a code is used by spammers.
- Bell Canada Internet Speed Test
- WhatIsMyIPAddress.com. A number of internet tools. If you’re running a VPN it gives the VPN server address.
- WhatIsMyIP.live. A number of internet tools.