Opened on February 26, 2021. Last updated by The POOG on March 18, 2021.
Although commercial market gardens are usually low-tech, they can, with appropriate technology, be commercially successful on property as small as 3-5 acres. Intense growing like this will become more critical in the future as the climate cools and large agribusinesses are challenged.
This section highlights techniques to promote germination, growth and good production.
This is a process where seeds are put through a cooling phase to simulate overwintering conditions causing the seed metabolism to change for germination.
Plasma Seed Treatment
- Fromthefield.TV. Small-scale farming techniques. Subscription required.
- Self Sufficient Me. Raised bed gardening in Australia.
- Greer T. Seed Stratification: A Comprehensive Guide to This Seed Germination Trick. Morning Chores.
Sources – Seeds
- Hope Seeds.
- Morgan County Seeds.
- OSC Seeds.
- Stokes Seeds. An Ontario-based Canadian company.
- Veseys. A Prince Edward Island-based Canadian company.
- W.H. Perron (Dominion Seed House). A Quebec-based company, roughly 50% more expensive than Stokes.