Opened on March 27, 2021. Last updated by The POOG on October 03, 2021.
One way of classifying foods nutritionally is by nutrient-density As described by Dr. Josh Axe. Here is his list of the top 30:
- Liver (beef and chicken)
- Leafy greens, like kale, collards, spinach, watercress, dandelion greens and arugula
- Broccoli rabe, broccoli, cauliflower and other cruciferous veggies like cabbage or Brussels sprouts
- Exotic berries like acai, goji and camu camu
- Red, yellow, green and orange bell peppers
- Carrots and parsnips
- Parsley, cilantro, basil and other herbs
- Berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- Wild salmon and sardines
- Bone broth
- Grass-fed beef
- Green beans
- Egg yolks
- Wild mushrooms
- Seeds: pumpkin, sunflower, chia and flax
- Raw cheese and kefir
- Sweet potatoes
- Black beans
- Wild rice
- Axe J. Top Nutrient-Dense Foods and Their Benefits.
- Legumes (beans) nutrition. Dr. Axe. September 26, 2021.