Last updated by The POOG on March 19, 2021.
With the massive censorship imposed by mainstream social media (MSSM) on right of centre and anti-official narrative opinion, many of those suppressed are turning to other platforms less hostile towards them. This article captures these programs as I become aware of them. Each has its own brief section.
What you have to be aware of is the sensitivity to attack on the platform itself. A coordinated attack on Parler by Google and Apple (Apple suspends Parler from App Store) on January 9 and 10, 2021, removed the Parler app from their app stores reducing its availability to a direct download from Parler itself if it has the facility, or third party sites sympathetic to Parler.
Further, Parler itself which had been hosted by Amazon’s cloud services, was shut down forcing Parler to find an alternative hosting service.
Sunday (tomorrow) at midnight Amazon will be shutting off all of our servers in an attempt to completely remove free speech off the internet. There is the possibility Parler will be unavailable on the internet for up to a week as we rebuild from scratch. We prepared for events like this by never relying on amazons proprietary infrastructure and building bare metal products.
We will try our best to move to a new provider right now as we have many competing for our business, however Amazon, Google and Apple purposefully did this as a coordinated effort knowing our options would be limited and knowing this would inflict the most damage right as President Trump was banned from the tech companies.
This was a coordinated attack by the tech giants to kill competition in the market place. We were too successful too fast. You can expect the war on competition and free speech to continue, but don’t count us out.John Matze, CEO Parler, January 09, 2021.
Finally Apple could write a patch to its iOS operating system to exclude apps such as Parler from Apple devices. Google could do the same to its Android operating system used by Samsung and others on their cellphones and tablets.
Social Media Platforms
These are alternatives to Facebook.
CloutHub is a non-biased platform. We support free speech and protect your privacy. We don’t data-mine, track, or sell user data. We don’t suppress your reach or manipulate what you get to see. We empower our members to influence the issues they care about.
Designed for civic, social, and political empowerment and engagement with the tools and resources you need to influence the issues you care about.Source: CloutHub.
- Share updates with friends and family as you do on Facebook
- Express Yourself as you do on Twitter
- Get Your News as you do on SmartNews
- Create and share videos as you do on YouTube
This is a good app for forming personal contact groups for socializing. Lacks encryption. For casual rather than serious users.
These are alternatives to Twitter.
Discord is a platform for creating personal text, voice, and video chat rooms (channels). It is a tool for casual, personal, association with friends. From the company:
Whether you’re part of a school club, gaming group, worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, Discord makes it easy to talk every day and hang out more often.Source; Discord.
- Create voice and video, live-streamed, topic-based channels.
- Create a community of any size running with moderation tools and custom member access.
- File uploads.
- Paid subscription of $9.99/mo. gives enhanced capabilities.
Mainly for gamers and people interested in cryptocurrencies.
The company and platform were killed by a concerted attack by Apple, Google and Amazon to eliminate competition and their control over the narrative that the technocracy/oligarchy/Deep State uses to propagandize the population.
As the developers describe it:
State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol) keeps your conversations secure. We can’t read your messages or listen to your calls, and no one else can either. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.Source: Signal.
- Share text, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs and files for free.
- Group chats available.
- Make voice and video calls anywhere, with no long-distance charges. Replaces Skype.
- End-to-end encryption.
- Create and share encrypted stickers and sticker packs.
- Open source developer platform.
- Free. No ads or trackers. Supported by donations and grants.
- No corporate affiliations.
- Available for all standard hardware devices.
While considered to be the best app for privacy through encryption a court document suggests that the FBI has a back door. On this account I cannot recommend it.
From the company:
Telegram is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security, it’s super-fast, simple and free. You can use Telegram on all your devices at the same time — your messages sync seamlessly across any number of your phones, tablets or computers.
With Telegram, you can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc), as well as create groups for up to 200,000 people or channels for broadcasting to unlimited audiences. You can write to your phone contacts and find people by their usernames. As a result, Telegram is like SMS and email combined — and can take care of all your personal or business messaging needs. In addition to this, we support end-to-end encrypted voice calls.Source: Telegram FAQ
Martin Armstrong of Armstrong Economics recommends it: People Abandoning Facebook & WhatsApp moving to Telegram. I’m adopting it.
The software is owned by Facebook – enough said.
MKISIO is an email newsletter service you control. Your lists, your content, your schedule. Nothing is ever shared, except by you. Simple monitoring, and no hidden tracking. Tough encryption is available too.MKISIO
These are alternatives to YouTube.
There are so many additions on the way…including live stream but more of that later. Rest assured however, we will not de-platform you, remove your content simply because it may question a particular narrative or upset someone else’s point of view.
Yes we have guidelines and standards but as certain platforms have shown recently, some individuals having their channel removed from certain platforms…we simply would not do that!BNT
A free online video posting site. See the Terms of Service.
These are video systems that allow you to uploaded and store video content, and manage its digital rights distribution. A proprietary video player is provided that can be embedded in any social media app, website page, or blog post to display your content.
Dailymotion is a global video streaming service built on a video player. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi and headquartered in Paris, France.
Rumble provides a video player that you can embed in your website page, blog post, and social media page. It has a revenue sharing arrangement. It provides content hosting and serving with access to a library of canned video material. It also has an ad library that you can use to monetize your site with.
From the company:
[manage] your content, data, and revenue all in one place. We provide a synchronized platform that includes a video player, a CDN, and video encoding/storage.
Rumble has grown to become a full-service video technology company empowering brands and creators alike.Source: Rumble player.
- Claim to have the “fastest player on the market“.
- White-Listing / Black-Listing Digital Rights Management (DRM) control over video content
- Enterprise & WordPress plugins are available
- Library of Video Content
- White Label / Resell
- Hourly updated, full URL & Sub ID analytics
- Simple embed codes for the player
- 50% revenue share, no license fee
- Library of ads to use and earn 50% revenue share with every click
- Competitive bandwidth tiers from $0.01 per GB
Rumble provides an embedable video player that can be used for displaying videos while giving you full DRM control over content that you create.
These are platforms that stream media content like Spotify.
This appears to be a platform for gaming and cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Content creators create live-streaming channels to which users may buy enhanced functionality with cryptocurrency. The p;atform provides the facility for buying the cryptocurrency.
The mission of DLive is to create a value sharing live streaming platform that empowers creators and viewers through a revolutionary rewards system.Source: dlive.
Allocation of monetary benefits is described as:
75% of each subscription and gift in Lemon will go to your wallet directly, 20% goes to DLive to help with long term development, and 5% will go to a pool that rewards people with BTT Stake for their contributions to the network on a daily basis.Source: dlive.
Content has three categories of classification tags: Family, Mature, and X. Into the mature category is relegated content that “express critical opinions related to real life individuals, groups or institutions“. The platform operator acknowledges that most viewers will have family access.
- Activity rewards are monetized with the cryptotoken BTT (BitTorrent Token). The terminology they use of the word ‘stake’ as in “You can stake in your BTT and receive BTT Stake” is a wonderful abuse of the English language. It would appear to mean “to acquire a stake in”.
- They use a virtual reward point system called ‘Lemon’ that can be purchased at $0.012 USD unit price. It can only be used within DLive for donations to content creators, and cannot be transferred within or outside the DLive platform.
Useful for some gamers and not much else.
Media Library Software
This software allows you to organize your own videos. A number of them are reviewed:
ebook management softare.
- 9 Best Video Library Software Download
- 9 Best Free Library Management Software For Windows
- Library Automation Software
- The Best 8 Free and Open Source Library Management Software Solutions
- Walters S. Best Staking Coins: Top 7 Cryptos to Earn Staking Returns. Coin Bureau. April 8, 2020.
- Black S. As Tech Companies Purge Users, Here Are Some Alternatives. ZeroHedge. January 17, 2021.
- Trejo S. Court Docs Show FBI Can Intercept Encrypted Messages From Deep State-Backed ‘Signal’ App. Big League Politics. February 10, 2021.