Last updated by The POOG on November 14, 2020.
The worldwide Catholic Church is governed from the Vatican in Rome. I am neither a Catholic nor a religious scholar and will undoubtedly get some of the finer aspects of the Catholic Church wrong.
Let’s begin with the governance structure.
The Holy See is the name given to the government of the Roman Catholic Church, which is led by the pope as the bishop of Rome. As such, the Holy See’s authority extends over Catholics throughout the world.Source: Encyclopedia Britannica.
The College of Cardinals is analogous to a national governing body such as a parliament, a senate, a congress, or similar institution.
Cardinals fall into two group, electors and non-electors. The electors are the ones who meet to choose a new pope. Cardinals rise up through their ecclesiastical ranks in their home nations and are appointed Cardinal by the Pope, either as an elector or non-elector.
One must assume that in the choice of a pope, the electors will discuss and promote in debate, the merits of candidates, vote, and if necessary repeat the process until one candidate is successfully chosen. One may also assume that that the merits evaluated are consistent with the electors’ beliefs and agendas. In terms of doctrinal belief of each elector, it is assumed that there is a core doctrine, a ‘kernel’, that in the process is agreed upon, and manifests in the new pope.
It is then reasonable to assume that the Pope, in choosing new cardinals from among the global pool of bishops and archbishops, will choose those whose core beliefs and demonstrated ministry will largely contain the same doctrinal kernel.
The Pope, in choosing a cardinal as an elector, can further ensure that the kernel’s self-consistency remains and is strengthened.
Who Is Pope Frances?
His biography at a macro level is:
Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected the 266th pope of the Roman Catholic Church in March 2013, becoming Pope Francis. He is the first pope from the Americas.
Prior to his election as pope, Bergoglio served as archbishop of Buenos Aires from 1998 to 2013 (succeeding Antonio Quarracino), as cardinal of the Roman Catholic Church of Argentina from 2001 to 2013, and as president of the Bishops’ Conference of Argentina from 2005 to 2011.Source: Biography
The more important aspect of Jorge Bergoglio is his communist ideology which is being introduced into Vatican doctrine. George Neumayr describes Bergoglio’s early exposure to communist thinking through a mentor, Esther Ballestrino. Several writers have discussed and documented Bergoglio’s communistic tendencies. I will not develop the idea myself.
Jorge Bergoglio is clearly a communist and is leading the church in the direction of a global communist totalitarian state alongside the World Economic Forum (WEF). If he appears at Davos in January 2021, consider it a done deal.
Opposition to the Secular Shift
We have already cited Cardinal Müller’s objection to Pope Francis. To Müller’s voice we add that of
The Papal Encyclicals
Encyclical letters are like policy statements for the Catholic Church. Along with other letters and documents that come out of the Holy See, they form the doctrinal position, thinking and teaching of the Catholic Church.
These documents can be massive in size, a collaborative work of many scholars in the Vatican. They are populated with footnotes that largely refer to earlier church documents and encyclicals issued under prior popes. The evolution of thinking is therefore apparent.
The current Pope Frances has issued a number of encyclicals that are in part, following a globalist agenda. We will discuss these in turn beginning with Laudato Si’.
This is a long – 184 pages – and dense document. It has a dual focus, the ecology of natural systems and the ecology of human social systems. Their interconnectedness is emphasized throughout.
This is not a revolutionary document, but an evolutionary extension of an extensive body of previous writings of the Holy See and recent popes.
Let us define ‘secular humanism’ (emphasis added) as:
Secular humanism propounds a rational ethics based on human experience. It is consequentialist: ethical choices are judged by their results. Secular humanist ethics appeals to science, reason, and experience to justify its ethical principles. Observers can evaluate the real-world consequences of moral decisions and intersubjectively affirm their conclusions. Kurtz and other secular humanists argue that all human societies, even deeply religious ones, invariably construct consensus moralities on consequentialist principles. Millennia of human experience have given rise to a core of “common moral decencies” shared by almost all.Source: Free Inquiry: Secular Humanism Defined
We see, then, that Laudato Si’ has strong secular humanist expression alongside an ecclesiastical one.
The Great Reset and traditional Catholicism
The Vatican has one view of the world of the great Reset as we have discussed above. There is a different viewpoint from traditional Catholic teaching. Here are some videos of it:
- Pope’s New Encyclical to Praise Jihad Terror Supporter as Example of ‘Peace’ and ‘Fraternity’
- Nancy LeTourneau. Meet the Man Who Vets Trump’s Supreme Court Picks . Washington Monthly, September 21, 2020.
- Raul Diego. The Court of God: How a Catholic Secret Society Took Over SCOTUS. MPN News, September 28th, 2020.
- Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D. Pope Francis Calls for Giving United Nations Organization ‘Real Teeth’. Breitbart, Oct 4, 2020.
- John Letzing. Here’s the pope’s prescription for resetting the global economy in response to COVID-19. WEF, 09 Oct 2020.
- Lawrence A. Franklin. The Pope’s New Encyclical: A Surrender? Gatestone Institute, November 8, 2020.
- Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano. Open Letter to President Donald Trump. Catholic Family News, October 30, 20201.
- Thomas Reese. With 9 new electors, Pope Francis remakes the college of cardinals. RNS, October 25, 2020.
- Andrea Widburg. Pope Francis goes full communist. American Thinker, October 5, 2020.
- Dean Smith. Pope Francis pushes communism & one world government? OpeningWord.org, October 4, 2020.
- Cardinal Müller: Pope Francis is a Communist. Truth and Action.
- George Neumayr. Pope Francis’s Communist Mentor. The American Spectator, May 1, 2017.
- ENCYCLICAL LETTER LAUDATO SI’ OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME. The Vatican, May 24, 2015.
- ENCYCLICAL LETTER FRATELLI TUTTI OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS ON FRATERNITY AND SOCIAL FRIENDSHIP. The Vatican, October 4, 2020.
- ENCYCLICAL LETTER LUMEN FIDEI OF THE SUPREME PONTIFF FRANCIS TO THE BISHOPS PRIESTS AND DEACONS CONSECRATED PERSONS AND THE LAY FAITHFUL ON FAITH. The Vatican, June 29, 2013.