Last updated by The POOG on February 10, 2021.
The World Economic Forum (WEF) was founded in 1971 by Klaus Schwab who remains the Executive Chairman. It is founded on the stakeholder concept that brings together public and private interests to effect change. These interests include major global corporations, governments, academics and academic institutions, major media corporations, and civil societies such as NGOs and unions.
The Forum’s Managing Board of 12 individuals is the main operational body. There is also a larger Board of Trustees that may serve more of a cosmetic function.
The WEF’s stated vision is to “leverage our trusted status as the global platform for shaping the future of economic, social and industry systems“ (emphasis here and in other quotes is ours). In other words, its goal is to reshape the world. It maintain a “strategic partnership framework agreement with the United Nations“.
It maintains a wide array of digital working and communication platforms but is probably best known for its annual meeting in Davos Switzerland:
We bring together our stakeholder communities for our Annual Meeting in Switzerland. The meeting takes place in January each year and has become the world’s foremost summit for shaping global, regional and industry agendas.
Also, it hosts meetings and summits around the world to achieve its ‘Sustainable Development Goals‘. The next key summit is the Sustainable Development Impact Summit, 21—24 September 2020. Its objectives are summarized as:
Putting the world back on a path of sustainable, equitable, and inclusive growth will require more than a global recovery; it will require a Great Reset of social and economic systems.
It has 3 key areas of focus:
- mastering the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
- solving the problems of the Global Commons; and
- addressing global security issues.
So we see that it is in the forefront of the modern movement to implement the ideas of sustainable development, and equity (diversity) and inclusiveness in the work place and other institutional settings. As well, it has major environmental concerns in the context of anthropogenic global warming (AGW).
Technocracy: The Fourth Industrial Revolution
Business is a key partner in all WEF activities. This stems from the business background of the founder and his stakeholder principle. It is not surprising then that the Forum published a manifesto in 1973 covering the ethical operation of businesses and corporations. This manifesto was updated in 2020.
The 1973 manifesto had a strong corporate enterprise focus while maintaining a humane and considerate approach to its stakeholders (including employees) and the world. The 2020 version is considerably more focused on modern environmental and social themes such as environment, diversity, human rights and “fairness” in all its dealings.
Schwab speaks frequently on his vision of a technocratic society. In the next video he is speaking a the Chicago Council on Global Affairs (56:23 minutes):
The Climate Angle
Climate concern is a basic part of the Great Reset initiative. The new economy is billed as a ‘green’ economy and the jobs that will miracurously appear will be ‘green’ jobs. WEF participants along with those in other organizations are working out how to use the COVID-19 crisis and response to inform the climate ‘crisis’ and response.
Operative Platforms and Projects
The WEF views the world as having global interconnected problems and challenges. To solve these, it has organized a number of ‘platforms’ to integrate and aggregate the world’s efforts to address these problems.
Each platform is a global organization of individuals and associated organizations and interests that are working towards a global solution of a concerning issue.
As well as platforms, it has ‘projects’ organized in a similar manner as the platform but perhaps of a lesser stature or significance, creating the distinction.
The platforms are:
- COVID Action Platform
- Shaping the Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Production
- Shaping the Future of Cities, Infrastructure and Urban Services
- Shaping the Future of Consumption
- Shaping the Future of Cybersecurity and Digital Trust
- Shaping the Future of Digital Economy and New Value Creation
- Shaping the Future of Energy and Materials
- Shaping the Future of Financial and Monetary Systems
- Shaping the Future of Global Public Goods
- Shaping the Future of Health and Healthcare
- Shaping the Future of Investing
- Shaping the Future of Media, Entertainment and Culture
- Shaping the Future of Mobility
- Shaping the Future of Technology Governance: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Shaping the Future of Technology Governance: Blockchain and Digital Assets
- Shaping the Future of Technology Governance: Data Policy
- Shaping the Future of Technology Governance: IoT, Robotics and Smart Cities
- Shaping the Future of Trade and Global Economic Interdependence
- Shaping the Future of the New Economy and Society
Further, they list 28 additional ‘projects’, each with an organization to address a specific issue.
This is an immense organizational structure both in the number of participants, societal coverage, and the extent of influence. It would be a project in itself to examine every platform and project and extract the anticipated impacts on our global social and economic order.
The WEC monitors a large number of “issues and forces driving transformational change across economies, industries, and global issues“.
The Great Reset Initiative
The Great Reset (TGR) is the globally organized strategy to rebuild our economic, social, and political systems destroyed or destabilized by the COVID-19 pandemic response. The goal is a new centrally-planned global economy built around progressive ideology.
The WEC is the creator of this initiative. It identifies its involvement as:
There is an urgent need for global stakeholders to cooperate in simultaneously managing the direct consequences of the COVID-19 crisis. To improve the state of the world, the World Economic Forum is starting The Great Reset initiative.
So what is the Great Reset? James Corbett has put the pieces together in this video. It’s long at 1:11:57 minutes but is essential viewing.
The Structural Basis of the New World Order
The motivation for creating the New World Order comes up again and again in their literature. It is the chaos and economic, social and personal damage caused by the pandemic. This is being used to justify TGR. What they gloss over is the fact that most of this damage was not caused by the virus itself but by the extreme social control measures implemented in its wake.
The principles and ideals that are identified as basic to the creation of the new world order include:
- an aggressive attack on climate change
- a focus on equality of opportunity
- a focus on inclusiveness
- the development of a new ‘social contract with social justice
- a focus on sustainable development
- a focus on resilience
- fighting racism and discrimination
- promoting technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- the creation of high paying green jobs
Pepe Escobar sums it up as:
The beating heart of this matrix is – what else – the Strategic Intelligence Platform, encompassing, literally, everything: “sustainable development”, “global governance”, capital markets, climate change, biodiversity, human rights, gender parity, LGBTI, systemic racism, international trade and investment, the – wobbly – future of the travel and tourism industries, food, air pollution, digital identity, blockchain, 5G, robotics, artificial intelligence (AI).
Writers on the Great Reset and NWO
Colin Todhunter touches on some of the transformation goals of the WEF, based in part on this video:
Jeremy Loffredo discusses the transformations in food and agriculture. It moves it all to big tech and big agri. Michael Snyder gives a short description of the GR while Canuck Law gives a considerably more extensive coverage, especially for Canada.
The Useless Class
Yuval Harari describes the rise of a ‘useless class’ in the following video (transript):
As he states:
Those who fail in the struggle against irrelevance would constitute a new “useless class” – people who are useless not from the viewpoint of their friends and family, but useless from the viewpoint of the economic and political system. And this useless class will be separated by an ever-growing gap from the ever more powerful elite.
The Path Forward
The Great Reset will be the theme of Davos 2021. Prior to this, there will be “The Great Reset Dialogues. These dialogues are a joint initiative of the World Economic Forum and HRH The Prince of Wales“. Note the lead role by the British royal family.
The WEF and COVID-19
The first platform mentioned in the section on platforms above is the COVID Action Platform. Whether intentional or not this shows its prominence in WEF activity. The WEF is using the COVID-19 pandemic response and particularly the economic destruction that it has caused to mobilize its plans for establishing a new world order through a ‘Gear Reset’.
That it is the implementation of the UN Agenda 2030 is not in doubt. The idea of the WEF’s fourth industrial revolution leading to technocratic Utopia is captured by Ida Auchen in her hypothetical scenario of the year 2030.
There are many powerful players in the globalization movement. These include oligarchs such as Jeff Bezos, foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, bankers such as the Rothschild family, global business corporations such as Microsoft, and key media. In short, the global wealth and global industry are behind TGR, as are the UN and major civil societies.
This is an economy that will be centrally planned and constructed. As such, its failure is built in. It will be totalitarian from the outset. Unfortunately, it will consume a generation of the worlds population and its wealth before it breaks apart into a new tribal, social order.
The response to the virus, the social unrest, the fear promoted by the MSM, have created such distraction that people are unaware of the transformation going on in their lives and society. It’s all noise that the Great Reset will fix since it controls it.
I believe TGR is too advanced, too extensive, too well organized and too well funded to be turned back. What I found researching this article was a lack of actionable strategies. They may exist in the various platforms but at this top level I couldn’t create a playbook.
I had argued more recently that we were in the bottom of the ninth inning to use a baseball metaphor. Now I fear the game may be over.
A Marxist Ideology in Disguise
The ideology of Marxism has always had the greatest appeal to the ‘barely-haves’ and the ‘have-nots’. In particular, as Klaus Schwab states in the video below, the ideals of “social cohesion, fairness, inclusion and equality”. This ideology is central to the WEF doctrine.
Note how he uses the manufactured COVID-19 crisis, stating “we must not miss this unique window of opportunity” to create a new “social contract” – the Great Reset.
In short, this is what the WEF is all about. It is a proletarian revolution to create a global society of proles and a ruling class in some guise or other. Which class will Schwab be in I wonder? As George Orwell noted in Animal Farm: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others”.
There are a lot of people on the internet either individually or in small organizations that are in various stages of awareness They have their individual ideas and forms of expression. They/we need to create our own Davos. A lot of egos need to be reined in to do this. We could have a single goal – educating others. The fallback would be to share survival strategies.
- A Platform for Impact. WEF.
- Davos Manifesto 1973: A Code of Ethics for Business Leaders. WEF.
- Davos Manifesto 2020: The Universal Purpose of a Company in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. WEF.
- The Great Reset. WEF.
- List of Business Partners. WEF.
- What are our key areas of focus? WEF.
- The Great Reset: A Unique Twin Summit to Begin 2021. WEF.
- Leadership and Governance. WEF.
- Pepe Escobar. From 9/11 to the Great Reset. Asia Times, September 10, 2020.
- Strategic Intelligence. WEF.
- Ida Auken. Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better. WEF, 11 Nov 2016.
- Andrew Chakhoyan. What has COVID-19 taught us about flattening the climate curve? WEF, 13 Oct 2020.
- Colin Todhunter. “Own Nothing and Be Happy”: The Great Reset’s Vision of the Future. Off Guardian, November 12, 2020.
- Jeremy Loffredo. World Economic Forum’s ‘Great Reset’ Plan for Big Food Benefits Industry, Not People. Defender, November 09, 2020.
- World Economic Forum and UN Sign Strategic Partnership Framework. WEF, 13 Jun 2019.
- Michael Snyder. What Is “The Great Reset”? The Most Important News, November 19, 2020.
- WEF Great Reset: Banking Cartel; Climate Change; End Of Private Property; Privacy; Guns. Canuck Law, Posted on .
- Resetting the Future of Work Agenda – in a Post-Covid World. WEF, October 2020.
- Read Yuval Harari’s blistering warning to Davos in full.