Last updated by The POOG on March 16, 2021.
Our political systems are governed by human nature. They are the structures created to contain expression of human nature. As such they evolve over time. There is a cycle: revolution -> democracy -> socialism -> communism -> revolution.
Alexander Fraser Tytler recognized the impermanence of democracy. In the quote below he describes it and gives a transition cycle (emphasized) somewhat more elaborate than mine.:
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.Good Reads: Alexander Fraser Tytler > Quotes
Experiments That Failed
There continue to be experiments on a small scale in socialist Utopian ideals. In this article we examine recent ones, looking at the socialist principle employed.
The Panera Bread Experiment
The Finish Guaranteed Income
Socialism in North America Today
- Cloward-Piven Strategy To Destroy America Resurgent Amid BLM/Antifa-Led Riots
- A Critique Of Modern Socialism
- “No Free Lunch” – Panera Shutters Last Socialist ‘Pay-What-You-Want’ Restaurant. ZeroHedge, 02/14/20.
This section contains firsthand experiences of people who have lived under communist rule.
- Canada is sinking into totalitarianism. The evidence is overwhelming
- Canada’s Soft Totalitarianism (Really)
- The New Totalitarian Laws of Canada
- Is Canada on the path to totalitarianism?
- “Big Tech Has Become A Tool Of Totalitarian Fascism” – Google Has ‘Memory-Holed’ The Great Barrington Declaration
- Towards a US-China War? The Creation of a Global Totalitarian System, A “One World Government”?
- Svab P. Ideological Alignment Pushing America Toward Totalitarianism, Experts Warn. Epoch Times. January 21, 2021.