Last updated by The POOG on October 29, 2020.
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is essentially a Canadian organization with offices in New York and Geneva. Within it is the Task Force For a Resilient Recovery (TFRR). It describes itself as:
think tank working to fulfill a bold commitment: to create a world where people and the planet thrive.IISD Mission and Goals statement.
Their areas of focus include:
- “sustainable development” from Adapt 2030;
- “a stable climate”;
- “a more equitable and sustainable world”;
- a “healthy ecosystems and biodiversity”; and
- “creative, bold solutions with significant impact”.
Their actions to date consist of:
- “create the knowledge to act“
- “Enabling economic policy-making”;
- “Supporting clean and just energy transitions”:
- “Helping governments”;
- “Providing analyses“;
- “networking“; and
- “Creating … policy“.
In short, this is the Canadian version of Agenda 2030.
Task Force For a Resilient Recovery
The TFFR has created a policy document for the Canadian Liberal government.